Symptoms Of Oral Cancer
Mouth cancer or oral cancer is a relatively rare in the UK but it is found more frequently in some parts of the world such as Southeast Asia. Early detection of these cancers is treatable and curable in some cases.
This type of cancer is more common in heavy smokers and those who consume too much alcohol. Most oral cancers begin in the tongue and floor of the mouth cancer.
Warning Symptoms Of Mouth Cancer
Some critical symptoms that should warn the patient are:
- Erythorplakia (Red), leukoplakia (white) or Erythroleukoplakia (red and white patches) on the lining of the tongue, mouth and gums. There may be crusts, rough or numb within the mouth as well.
- Ulcers or several wounds in the mouth, which is not cure in more than three weeks
- A hard lump or swelling in the mouth that lasts for more than three weeks
- Feeling pain or difficulty in swallowing and eating. This is called dysphagia and is usually seen when the throat or neck is involved
- Bleeding and pain in the mouth
- A tooth or teeth loose that occurs without trauma, injury or other such reasons
- Pain over the neck and jaw that refuses to give in
- Hoarseness of voice and speech problems. This is seen in cancers affecting the pharynx.
- Easy fatigability and unexplained loss in weight
- Unexplained paleness or anemia
- Changes in mouth taste, which can be often sour or bitter or general unpleasant
- Unilateral pain in the ear, possibly on both or one sides.
- Painless or painful and swollen lump on the neck. There are swollen Lymph nodes.
- Difficulty in chewing of food or in opening of mouth.
Symptoms of Tongue Cancer
Tongue cancers usually develope with symptoms of lack of tongue movement. They are clearly defined and easily spread.
They often occur on the sides of the tongue, and pretend themselves as white spots called Leukoplakia. These lesions are normaly greater than 2 cm. The laceration may also appear as gray to gray-red with a shaggy and rough surface.
There may be pain in the ear or in effected site .
Cancers that occur at the base of tongue, are usually unseen until they spread to nearby parts of the oral cavity. Tongue cancers are type of Squamous cell carcinoma.
Tonsillar Cancer Symptoms
Tonsillar cancers are also kind of the squamous cell carcinoma. Tonsillar cancers are the most common type Lymphomas.
This may be present as a tumor on the neck. Symptoms such as pain in both ears or one, sore throat,and feeling something in the throat. There may be bleeding in the throat.
Buccal Mucosa Cancer Symptoms
Cancer of the mucous membrane seen inside the lining of the cheek or buccal. Cheek cancer is initially usually painless. Usually it is painful when more tissues will become infected. It is also painful when it is ulcerates There may be difficulty in chewing and bleeding.