Home Remedies For Diabetes
Daily habits, lifestyle and diet have a major influence on both types of diabetes. There are some foods that help the body to regulate blood sugar levels. Especially with regular consumption, they help to reduce the consequential damage from diabetes and have a positive effect on overall health. These foods are easily available in your kitchen.
Note: Also in combination with medical treatment, the daily diet for a diabetic is very important. It helps to control the disease and to reduce consequential damage.
Bitter Gourd (Bitter Melon)
Bitter gourd also known as bitter melon, are an excellent home remedy for lowering blood sugar level. It can effect blood glucose level all over the body rather than any specific organ or tissue. It can help to prevent insulin resistance and improve insulin production.
- Take 2 or 3 bitter gourd, first remove its seed and add some water in it and extract their juice with the help of juicer. Drink some bitter juice each morning on an empty stomach. Follow this treatment for more than 2 months.
- Eat bitter gourd as vegetable or salad.
Cinnamon contains an amazing variety of nutrients, which is very beneficial, especially in diabetics.
Half a teaspoon of cinnamon per day can reduce fasting blood glucose levels significantly and increase insulin sensitivity. Cinnamon also promotes glucose metabolism and helps to reduce cholesterol levels.
Fenugreek is an herb because of its Hypoglycemia activity it is used as home remedy to increase glucose tolerance and lower blood glucose level. It also improve insulin secretion and due to high fiber content it slow down carbohydrate and sugar absorption.
- Take 2 tablespoon of fenugreek seed and soak it in water overnight. In the morning drink this water along with seed. For better results, follow this for few months.
- Or eat two teaspoon of fenugreek seed with milk daily.
Aloe Vera is one of the most commonly used home remedy for diabetes. They have anti-hyperglycemic effect on type 2 diabetes.
- Combination of turmeric, Aloe Vera gel and bay leaves are very effective in lowering blood glucose level. Mix all of these ingredient in equal amount and take one teaspoon twice a day.
Indian gooseberry is also quite effective against diabetes. it is rich in vitamin C and its juice improve functioning of pancreas.
- Extract juice from seeds of Indian gooseberries seed and mix two tablespoon of juice in 250ml of water and drink it daily.
- For better result, you also use Indian gooseberry juice in combination with bitter gourd juice. Mix one tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice with and bitter gourd juice in 250ml of water and drink it on empty stomach daily.
In Indian blackberry glycosides are present which prevent conversion of starch in sugar. They help to reduce blood sugar level. It also protect from heart diseases.
- Eat 6-10 Indian blackberries daily in the morning it can help to maintain blood sugar level.
- Take seed of Indian blackberry and grind it into fine powder. Use this fine powder daily with glass of water.
Mango leaves also help to reduce blood sugar level by maintaining insulin level in blood.
- Take 12 to 16 tender leaves of mango and soak it in glass of water overnight. In the morning, drink it in empty stomach but don’t forget to filter it first.
- Or dry mango leaves and than grind it. Eat half or one spoon of grind mango leaves daily with water.
Barley grass contains a lot of chlorophyll, important antioxidants and acts as a strong anti-inflammatory agent. It helps to neutralize the acidic and polluted environment of the body and reduce inflammatory processes in the body. This can prevent cellular damage and improved body functions.
- Barley grass can grow fresh or is available as a dried barley grass powder. It can be either mixed in a glass of water or juice to drink or combined with different foods.
Curry leaves have anti-diabetics properties. It is useful in controlling and maintain sugar level in blood. Curry leaves have certain ingredient which reduces the rate at which starch is converted into glucose.
Chew 10 curry leaves daily in the morning to control blood sugar level.
Dark green leafy vegetables
Dark green leafy vegetables contain few calories and carbohydrates, but is very rich in vitamin C, magnesium, insoluble fiber and calcium. This particular nutrient complex is very beneficial, especially for diabetics. It protects the blood vessels, helps to lower cholesterol and protect against dangerous blood sugar fluctuations.
Regular consumption of dark green leafy vegetables helps to prevent diabetes and to better control the disease.
Sweet potatoes have a lower glycemic index than regular potatoes, which is very beneficial for diabetics. The lower the glycemic index of a food, the slower the containing sugar enters the bloodstream. This blood sugar fluctuations, and food cravings can be prevented.
Sweet potato are also very starchy, containing plenty of fiber, potassium and the antioxidant beta-carotene, vitamin A and vitamin C. The combination of these nutrients has a positive effect on blood sugar levels and helps to reduce this.
Whether grilled, baked, boiled or steamed.Sweet potatoes taste delicious as a side dish or as an ingredient in salads, soups and stews.
Cold-water fish are very rich in the omega 3 fatty acids DHA and EPA, and very high in protein. Our body needs Proteins to regenerate cells. EPA have strong anti-inflammatory effect, slows plaque accumulation in the blood vessels and thereby helps to improve blood flow.
With regular consumption of fish reduces the harmful effects of diabetes disease. At least 2 times a week should be consumed fresh cold water fish. These include salmon, sardines, halibut, mackerel and tuna.
Note: Fish without fins and scales, however, should be avoided.
Beans are rich in complex carbohydrates, which have slow digestion rate. Thereby, the blood sugar is only slowly increased, preventing quickly rise in blood sugar after meal. Beans are also rich in protein, magnesium and potassium, have a positive effect on blood sugar.
Beans taste great in stews, as an ingredient in salads and as a garnish.
There are several foods that help regulate blood sugar levels and have a positive effect on health. By using healthy diet, we can control blood sugar levels better and reduce dangerous blood sugar fluctuations and consequential damages.