Risk Checker for Breast Cancer
If you have answered at least two questions from Checklist 1 or at least one question from checklist 2 with yes, you should take the screening tests for breast cancer seriously. Talk to your gynecologist about it.
Risk Check 1
- Were you younger than 11 years at the first menstrual period?
- Have you older than 54 years with the last menstrual period?
- Are you childless?
- Did you get your first child only after more than 30 years?
- Have you breastfed only or very briefly?
- Are you clearly overweight?
- Do you usually lack of exercise?
- Drink plenty of alcohol (regularly more than a small glass of beer or wine per day)?
- Did you take hormones at least five years for menopausal symptoms?
- Preventing you using the pill?
Risk Check 2
- Have you had or have breast cancer?
- Are you diagnosed with ovarian, uterine or colon cancer in the last five years?
- Do you have a pronounced breast disease (breast change with nodules and cysts)?
- Has already been a tissue sample is taken from your breast because of unclear findings?
- You has more than one members (grandmother, mother, daughter, sister) with breast cancer and / or ovarian cancer?