Canker sore is the open wounds inside the mouth that are generally not contagious but are very painful. These can take about one to two weeks for healing by it but there are some remedies that can help the canker sore to heal faster. These are mostly found on tongues but can also be found at anyplace inside the mouth. Canker sore remedies include everything like chamomile, antibiotics and benzocaine that are very effective remedies. The effectiveness of these methods varies from one another because there is no permanent cure for canker sore.
Canker sore remedies include:
- Put an onion on the sore as it is a very effective natural cure that can heal the canker sore quickly.
- Use of herbs like sage, sorrel, myrrh, tea tree oil and burdock can also be very helpful for healing this condition.
- Put cotton wool bud in salted hot water and then apply it directly on the canker sore for two minutes twice daily as it can be very effective in curing canker sore.
- Put hydrogen peroxide in warm water and wash your mouth with this liquid several times everyday as it also helps in whitening your teeth.
- Bicarbonate of soda can be added to a cup of water so that it can be used as mouth wash and it also helps in killing the bacteria which the canker sore feeds on.
- You can also get relief from the agony of this sore with milk of magnesia which can be used to rinse your mouth twice a day.
- Zinc lozenges can also cure the sores as it has vitamin C.
Home remedies for canker sores are:
- Salt- add a teaspoon of salt in warm glass of water and leave it for two minutes so that you can get relieve from pain.
- Baking soda- you can make a thick paste of water and baking soda and then rub it on the sore. After leaving it for few minutes, rinse it with warm water as you can also rinse it with salt water which is a very effective treatment for canker sore.
- Colgate peroxyly- this product can be used for rinsing your mouth thrice a day as it aids in the healing process of the sore. But you should gargle and split the liquid out.
Canker sore treatment includes knowing the possible causes and then eliminating these causes for life. Physical trauma is the main cause of canker sore on the roof of the mouth, inside the wall of cheek and tongue. These traumas may be due to recent dental work like dentures or braces, sports or accidental bit in your mouth. It can also take place due to emotional or physical stress. The most effective remedies for canker sore is the alternative medicine as it is the cheapest and most effective remedies. It includes mouthwashes that are known to be antiseptic as it can contribute greatly to the healing time quickly. The treatment also includes the different triggers that can cause allergic reactions inside your mouth and thus you should avoid certain foods.